Saturday, April 14, 2012

Friday the 13th

How was your Friday the 13th?

We had a very lucky one indeed.






It was about mid afternoon when we got a phone call from our oldest (she's 18) that she had been in an accident.  Darren & I scrapped our shopping trip to head over to get her.  The more we talked to her on the phone, the more frightened I was.  (She really kept her cool, all things considered.)  When we arrived to pick her up, the cars had already been towed, so we weren't able to see the amount of damage right away.  (They had to pry the cars apart before they could be towed.) She was very lucky that she wasn't going faster...and that she hadn't pulled out a fraction of a second sooner.  If she had done either, our lives might just be a whole lot different today. 

We found out later in the day that my cousin who is 17 had a wreck in another part of town at about the same time.  Everyone was fine in that one as well.

So, I think in the future, I won't look at Friday the 13th as an unlucky day, but a VERY LUCKY day...that 4 people were able to walk away from 2 separate accidents with minimal injuries!  

Angels were watching over my baby that day!

I LOVE YOU, BABY GIRL!

 


3 comments:

  1. OH my! Glad to hear she and your cousin (and others) are all okay... Cars can always be replaced...people can't be. Hugs to you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a day! I'm happy to hear people are ok!

    ReplyDelete