Monday, April 23, 2012

BOMs are MIA!

I haven't been linking up to the BOMs Away Mondays.  
In fact, it has been an entire month (I checked!)
And, I blame it all on soccer season! (Soccer is getting the blame for a lot of things that aren't getting done!)

I currently have 3 BOM-ish projects right now.
The first is Morgan's Sampler, which currently has 6 completed blocks. 
Hhhmmmm! That actually means that I am 2 blocks ahead!  I don't feel so neglectful now.

The second is my Sow Along with Randy.  I have been trying to get caught up on that but haven't made any progress since last week when I got multiple blocks cut and bagged.

 Well, I did manage to get 2 sets sewn. 

The third is my true BOM.  It's Craftsy's Block of the Month.  I have my hexies basted for the first block...and I bought some more background fabric.  Other than that, I haven't done much with them.
I haven't even bothered to take a new picture!  I'll try and fix that.

What I am working (like crazy) on is the T Shirt Quilt!  But, I'm stumped!  I will be tipping the blocks and squaring them to 16 1/2", but these are the colors (and some arrangements) that I am working on.

PLEASE! Leave me a comment with your suggestions for the color layout! 
Upside-down, but you can see the border fabric
Layout Option 1
Layout Option 2
Layout Option 3
Layout Option 4

This is where I always seem to get stuck...I tend to create a pattern.  Random is difficult for me.  I would love to get your opinion!  I only have 1 or 2 pictures with the inner border (red) and the outer border (multi-floral).  The color suggestions from Darren's cousin were to use blue & orange.  I did my best and I really like the color combinations.  I hope she does too!

Thanks so much for your help!
             ~K



4 comments:

  1. Nice work again! :-) I think about Layout 3, it seems to me to be the best arrangement of the blocks. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like option #3, how about adding a black sashing around the blocks? I like your BOM blocks too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like 4 the best, because None of the oranges touch. I might swap the red and teal blocks in the lower left corner, but otherwise, call it good!

    ReplyDelete