Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Guess I'm not the Only One...(or BOMs 3/27/2012)

I missed Monday. 
I missed my update on my BOMs.
I guess I'll blame it on this crazy weather.
We went from 70's & 80's to an overnight low of mid 20's.
Even though I have my own extreme mood swings, I just can't accept it when the weather does the same thing!

So, now that Lyn is up with her BOMs Away linky, (she missed Monday too) I guess I will get on with my update.

I haven't done anything more with Morgan's Sampler.  Just the 7 blocks completed.

Craftsy was caught up last week.

Barrister's Blocks are coming along.  I was just about caught up when Randy posted another 3 blocks.  Which means that I have 9 blocks finished for 2 separate quilts.  I am doing 1 in the reds, tans & browns that I am using for my Cinnamon & Nutmeg and another in Civil War reproductions.

Reds, Browns & Tans
Broken Dishes Block
Civil War reproductions
Broken Dishes block
 I also started the tutorial at The Littlest Thistle.  Foundation Paper Piecing for the Terrified.  This is my first paper piecing project.
Paper Pieced Courthouse Steps...Foundation Paper Piecing For The Terrified tutorial
back of Paper peicing
Loopy Stitches...Is this because I'm sewing through paper?
More loopy stitches
NEW! Kerrington's Quilt
 I started a quilt for my niece in CA.  She will be 2 on Friday.  I don't think I will get it to her in time for her birthday, but maybe for Easter...
Kerrington's borders and sashing
Mario Pillows
Scrappy Plate Club Dresden Fabric
I also managed to get two more rows top stitched on the Fun & Done.  That leaves me 2 rows of blocks to top stitch, then attaching the rows to each other, top stitching those and finishing the binding once all of the rows are attached.  I'll finish it eventually...

I am hoping to get a lot of work done today since we have another Field Trip tomorrow.  The big kids have an early dismissal on Thursday so we might be headed out to the movies and Saturday is interpreter training at the frontier fort that I volunteer at.  It's gonna get busy!

Have a good one!


3 comments:

  1. You have been a busy busy girl! The blocks look great and your neices quilt is going to be adorable! I was looking for a dresden template, but Joann's shelf was empty :( Will keep looking for one.. Have fun with the Kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love your "broken dishes" blocks! The fabrics are beautiful, and so is the way you combined them! May your niece live a happy long life! The quilt you are making for her is going to be very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! lots of work there - good job! Have you tried tightening your upper tension when you do the paper foundation piecing? I don't get loopies after taking the paper away if I do that.

    ReplyDelete