Wednesday, February 29, 2012

WIP 2/29/2012

My big finish for this week is a Kindle sleeve.  I was just messing around with some scraps and had that wonderful Ah-ha moment that resulted in a lovely little sleeve for my beloved Kindle.

I have a Quilt Monster friend that is pushing encouraging me to do a tutorial, so I will be adding that to my WIP list.  Because this was not the intended final product, I have to try and remember just exactly how I got to this lovely little sleeve.


So, here's my update for the week:


1.  Cinnamon & Nutmeg: Progress!  All of my fabric is cut.  I can start sewing whenever I want.  This one is going to have some new techniques for me (cutting on an angle) and I always hesitate on new when I don't have another person standing right there to blame double check what I am doing.  It has been way too long...planning to start sewing this week.

2.  Prairie Paisley HSTs: No Progress

3.  Jelly Roll Jive: No Progress


4.  Fun & Done: No Progress, BUT I am committing to work on it every weekend.  This weekend it will be Saturday since the hubs is working OT.


5.  Pinwheels In My Garden: No Progress


6.  Jelly Roll Sampler:  Progress!  Blocks 1, 2 and 3 are completed.  Block 4 is cut and on the mini design board (I need to make some more of these).  Thanks! to Bee in my Bonnet.


7.  Kristi's T Shirt quilt: No Progress (I need to get more stabilizer.)


8.  Craftsy BOM:  No Progress (The new lesson should be up tomorrow.  I hope.  Foundation paper piecing.)


9.  Farmer's Wife: Progress!  I only made one block of the "Big Dipper" because I wasn't crazy about it.  I got out my stash and found some other fabrics to use.  I've chosen some blues, browns and golds for the next 3 blocks.  Plan to get those cut and pieced this weekend as well.

10.  Satchel for 2:  No Progress...on either one...I thought I would do some finishing on the first one while I was in Baltimore, but had so much fun with the hubs that I didn't get a single thing done.  The 2nd one is still waiting to be pieced.


And I found these little lovelies when I dug into my stash...not sure what to do with them yet.




Finally, here are a few pictures of how I was treated on my birthday...

My wonderful first born made this beautiful cake for me...


...and even decorated the batter...



...and yes.  That is a blow torch used to light ALL of the candles!




1 comment:

  1. Beautiful projects! I like them all, but I simply adore the fabrics in the first picture, wow! And I am sure you've had a wonderful birthday celebration, just seing that mmm! yammi cake! :-))) This surely was a cake made with love and appreciation!

    ReplyDelete