Friday, June 22, 2012

Before anything else...

...I want to say a great big "Thank You!!" to From Here to Quilternity!
I was one of the "random" winners during this spring's Blogger's Quilt Festival and this is what I found waiting for me when I got home from our vacation...

Now, on to a quick check in on some of my other projects.

I feel like I have accomplished quite a bit considering we came back from vacation Sunday night and I spent all of Tuesday and Wednesday in bed with a killer migraine!  Darren said he had no idea he married a barometer...Yesterday was a quiet day of recovery until more storms moved in and I was knocked off my feet again.  Today is better and I'm able to step back and look at some of what I managed to accomplish in my drug induced stupor.

SO...
I am linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times for her "On the Needles" weekly check in.  I have 2 projects "on my needles".  
The first is my sock!  I have cast on again!  And I must say that it is getting easier and easier to cast on and knit those first few rows.
The second project is a basket weave dishcloth that I have been dragging around for quite some time.  I would really like to see this one done by next week!  And it just might happen since I have an all day soccer tourney to sit through tomorrow.
And here are the goodies that I found at Knitting Addiction the day before we left the Outer Banks.  I can't wait to get back there!  I loved my blue scarf so much, that I went back and bought every other colorway that she had!  And some more sock yarn!  One of these days...
I'm also going to tell you that I haven't done any spinning this week (I'm going to try and motivate myself by including that in my On the Needle updates), but I did manage to get the other 2 fleeces in buckets to help soak out some of the dirt.

I'm also slowly very slowly making progress on my Barrister's Blocks.  I won't say how far behind I am, mainly because I don't have a clue...But, I will catch up!
Now, we are off to a kick off soccer picnic!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on being picked! Would love to see what you do with the strips and the pattern!

    ReplyDelete