Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My Design Floor

Yesterday I saw that several blogs had posts like: "What's on your design board?"...Well, I don't have a design board.  Unless you count those mini boards that I made last week.  Usually, I just lay stuff out on my floor.

This is what was on my floor Sunday night...

...a bag of trimmed corners from my Jelly Roll Jive quilt.  They measure 1 7/8" untrimmed.  I'm thinking that I will just leave them that size and piece them in sets of four.  I sewed two sets together and it looks really nice.


I'm just not sure how it will get quilted.  All these little pieces are gonna be pretty bulky.  BUT, I've always wanted to do one of these. :)



This morning I took over the living room floor.  I moved furniture, vacuumed and mopped to get this nice clean floor...


I pressed my backing...


I taped it to the floor...


I love me some blue painters tape!  I smoothed out the batting...


 ...and the top.


Threaded 8 needles to start basting...and then 8 more...(I might be about 1/4 done).


My finger nail is shot...and it hurts! (How's that whine?!)
 

I'm gonna have to get this thing done...I locked everyone out of the house earlier, but they keep getting back in!  It's taken me about 2 hours to baste across the corners, the vertical center and the horizontal center.  I figure I've got another 4 or 5 hours to go...definitely a reason to pay someone else to do some machine quilting!

This is what Darren and Twin2 were doing while I was basting...
...a lesson in knife sharpening! They were so cute out there on the porch, sitting in the sunshine.  60 degrees in January?! I'm not gonna complain!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment