Sunday, January 29, 2012

Highlights of the Week

Well, a week has gone by and I don't feel like I accomplished much. I guess finishing 4 quilts in three weeks makes you expect a little more from yourself.

So, here is what I did accomplish...


 I finally got a Keurig! And I LOVE it!

We celebrated with Mere on her recognition by the Board of Education for an essay that she had written on the Holocaust.


Gram & Pap took the twins to Stonewall Resort for a mini-vacay and Darren and I went with the older kids after school on Thursday.


Thursday was also our first workshop for my quilt guild.  It was great to see everyone after a long holiday break.  I finished the top of a charity quilt and cut the backing.  I will assemble it next month.

I found another bag of 1/2 square triangles.  This time they were already stitched together and all I needed to do was press them.  They will be ready to go later today.  But I don't know what to do with them.  Any suggestions? 

I don't think I can blend the two sets...
      
...one is Kansas Troubles fabric and the other is Prairie Paisley by Minnick & Simpson.  Both are light & dark 1/2 squares.   But maybe later today, after everything is pressed and I get the table cleared from breakfast, I can spread them all out and see how well they get along.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment