Friday, January 13, 2012

Completely Basted...

I have a quilt top that has been shuffled around for a number of years.  This is the quilt that proved to me that my first quilting instructor was SO right when she said that I would become a "Fabric Snob" after making a couple of quilts with Quilt Shop quality fabric.  

I don't know how she got to know me so well after just 4 or 5 class sessions...

Anyway, this quilt is a 9 Patch Variation.  I bought all of the fabric at Wal Mart...and I hate it!  I am scared to death that the red (and quite possibly the blue) is going to bleed all over the white fabric.  And what a waste of time it will have been.  

Only Darren really likes this one...he says it is one of his favorites.  Oh, well...when it is all done, he can take it to the Fire Department and have a snuggle blanket like all of my other kids.

I figured since he likes this one so well, he could help baste it.  And, he did...but said his fingers were too fat so he moved on to other projects.


...like hanging hooks behind the door so I can get a little more organized.

So, 24 threaded needles...


...3 hours, 2 blisters &1 broken fingernail later...




...this quilt is Completely Basted!

No comments:

Post a Comment