Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Too Much Stuff

I have too much stuff!
I don't like to get rid of stuff because I might just need it some day. 
But then it sits. 
It collects dust. 
It gets in the way. 

I live in a "feast or famine" household. 
Either we are holding our breath for payday or we are enjoying luxuries like matinee movies, a dinner out, an extra skein of yarn or yard of fabric (for Darren it's a box of bullets or a new flashlight...I know...its a little odd, this fascination he has with flashlights.)

I also get big ideas for diy projects and try to gather everything together and then realize that it's no longer a priority or I've missed the "occasion".

I love too many pastimes. I don't want to give any of them up. If I could keep just one, I don't know what it would be. 
Quilting?
Knitting?
Spinning?
Weaving?
My books?
My photos?
My Family Genealogy project?

I have piles and stacks and boxes everywhere. I have very generous friends that often pass items on to me that I could never purchase for myself...a spinning wheel, a loom, a fabric stripper, a sewing machine. 

And I'm not the only one. 
Darren has his knives, his leather work, movies. 
The kids have Legos, video games, magic tricks, board games, and shoes... Oh my goodness, the collection of Toms and Converse...

I keep trying to simplify, but it's so hard. 
I try to organize. 
I try to "find a home" for everything. 

But it's hard.
It's just so hard. 


No comments:

Post a Comment