Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Organizing "The Compound"

There is so much going on here!
In my last post, I told you we were at the DMV for "The Boy" and "Princess".
She passed!
He didn't...we go back again tomorrow.

Now that she is permit driving, we will need to get a working schedule of who gets the car and when.

Thing 1 and Thing 2 started school yesterday.  We homeschool and I try to stay as organized as possible, but here we are starting a new school year and I'm scrambling to keep it all in order.  It's a good thing we start slow and steady to get back into the swing of things.

Princess starts school on Thursday.  This is her senior year, so there is lots and lots for her to do. 
And I need a plan!

Yesterday I worked on a new bill paying system, budget and a menu for the week.
(After school...of course.)

I'll keep you posted about how the bill paying goes.  I've always had trouble keeping that organized.  Every time I think I've got it all worked out and it's going well, something changes...like the way the city is going to pay its employees.  But that's a whole other mess to try and work around.

The budget morphed out of the bill organization, but I really like what happened.  Again, I'll let you know how that goes as September rolls around.

The menu?  Now that's what has me excited.  The kitchen has been a little sparse lately (I'm trying to get everything cleaned...you know, the inside of the fridge, the inside of the cupboards, scrubbing the cupboards and the floor.)
After deciding on a meal plan (dinners only) Darren went grocery shopping and spent less than $70!
That's 5 meals for 7 people!
So, I'm super excited to see what we can do from now on.  I've spent the morning on Pinterest looking at organizational pins.  I'm working on a list of supplies and I'm going to make it ~~pretty~~!

Hopefully I'll have some pictures, links, etc to share in the coming months.

Because of the car situation, work schedules and school schedules, I'm thinking I will be spending a lot of time at home this fall and winter...I can't think of a better time to get organized!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment