Thursday, March 19, 2015

March Madness

'Mornin' Loves,
It's mid-March and I thought I'd take time to get you caught up on the current WIPs. 


I've been working on two knitting projects. The Andrea Poncho is from a kit that I purchased in 2013 at the Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival. I'm going again this year and I'm determined to wear this!


It looks a little red, but is actually a gorgeous, rich terra cotta. 

I'm also working on the 2014 Yarn Mountain Sock Club June pattern. It's called Farmer's Market and you can get it (and lots more) free by joining the Google+ group at Yarn Mountain or look them up on Ravelry. 


The socks will probably get bumped to the back of the line while I work on project deadlines. 

The Cinnamon and Nutmeg quilt has been resurrected. I think this one is from 2009. 

I found out last night why it had been tucked away as a UFO. I had sewn my strips together in such a way that I was not able to cut the required number of diamonds. 


But, that's been taken care of and I can get ready to start assembling the top. 

My main priority is to completely finish a blue & gold Mountaineer baby quilt before my sister-in-law's shower on April 25! They are expecting a little boy and he will be the one to carry on the family name; otherwise, my dad's line will end with my brother. (Dad and I have been working on our ancestry so this is a pretty big deal for us.)

Anyway, yesterday I went to my favorite Classic Quilt Shop and bought a pattern (Eleanor Burn's Zig A Zag Quilt) and lots of blue & gold fabric. 


And, if I have time, I'll go back and get the pattern for these adorable boots!


Aren't those the cutest things ever?!

So, I'm off to sew and cut and sew some more and maybe knit a bit before Thing 1 & Thing 2 need to be taken to basketball practice. I usually get lots of knitting done during practice and tonight will be an extra hour longer. 

If life stays (somewhat) sane, I'll check in tomorrow with a progress report. Here's to a having a tangle-free day of creating!

~K

No comments:

Post a Comment