Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Today's Priorities

It's another yucky, dreary day in West Virginia.  
Overcast & grey.  
Too cold and wet to go outside.
Too hard to get motivated.

While drinking my coffee I figured I'd better get a list going of the things that need some attention.
Now, I'm not talking about laundry and dishes and making beds.
Those things can wait...as long as I manage to get a shower before I have to pick the kids up from school.

Here are some of the "important" things that need to be worked on:

I did manage to finish the quilting on Colleen's Quilt and I even got the binding put on.  Now the binding needs basted and hand stitched.  Her birthday is on the 25th and I'd like to get it in the mail to arrive on time.  She doesn't live far, but she has had a rough year and you know as well as I do that its just a lot of fun to get a box in the mail...especially one that isn't expected!

Speaking of birthdays & boxes in the mail, Did you sign up for my (and my blog's) Birthday Giveaway?  Well, hop on over and leave me a quick comment! 

I have been trying to get that Little Blue Bag finished for quite some time.  It is still just waiting to have the final seam slip stitched closed and it will be ready to go.  I think I keep putting this one off because I don't like the looks of my hand stitching.  It always seems to end up as a whip stitch and looks really ugly.  I'd love some suggestions!

Then there is my knitting.  Thing 2 wants a scarf and its taking FOREVER!  Its just a basic knit stitch, but its really boring and it takes forever to even get an inch done.  Oh, well, Just Keep Stitching, right?!

I have the first sock ready to turn the heal and the second one is catching up.  I'm trying to make them as close to the same size as possible.  My last pair was a round or two off and one looks shorter than the other when Morgan puts them on.  I keep telling her that the socks are perfect...I made them, how could they not be?...and its her leg that is the problem.  Yeah, she's not going for it.

The little mug rug is probably going into the Birthday Giveaway goodie box.  It's a little bit of who I am and what I love.  The color red, Civil War reproduction fabric, Jacob's Ladder (my oldest son is Jacob & this was the first block I attempted on my own).  Anyway, there will be a few other goodies included as well, but this is a start.

Since I've managed to get in a little computer internet time, I'm going to go poke around and see who I can link up with today.  I'll come back and let you know where I end up!

Hope you have a good one...and that the sun is shining on you!

~Kristy

Oh, I forgot the most important project...Thing 1 has had a little problem with his snake's stuffing coming out.  It's been hibernating in my room for over a week now and I think it's about time he moved back in with my Little Guy!  

I've been having some really weird dreams since the snake arrived...

2 comments:

  1. Cute projects and I hope you get the quilt done in time for your friends birthday! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very nice quilt, I love it! As for that deep blue from that scarf, oh!, I could watch it for hours and hours... It's my favorite color. And someday I might make myself a nice bag like yours! But for now, I will make myself a cup of coffee and start my day. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete