Thursday, February 7, 2013

February Check In

January was not so kind financially, automotively & general health-wise.

BUT...being forced to stay home I did manage to get some things accomplished.

I did a little free motion on my machine & broke it. Still not crazy about the idea of doing my own quilting but realizing that if I want projects to land in the "Finished" pile I'm going to have to do it myself.

I finished the Pink Sugar socks.

I dissected several shirts & jeans.

I finished my Funky Monkey mug rug.

February is starting off with the following projects:

1. I've started another Tit Bit knitted breast for a friend with breast cancer. (All you knitters out there... Check it out! What an amazing idea & my friend says they are perfect! Better than any other prosthetic she has tried!)

2. John's scarf is on the needles. He wanted a small fairly tight knit so I have to do at least 10 rows a day if I'm going to get it finished before summer rolls around.

3. I started my Ocean socks earlier this week. Loving this yarn. It's the Loops & Thread sock yarn from Michael's.

4. Last night I finished the binding on Kelly's quilt. She & I have swapped favors. Her quilting for my binding. It's been a great deal for me. Anyway, she just about has my t shirt quilt done so I figured we could make an even swap if I got busy on her binding.

5. I have Cinnamon & Nutmeg sitting on my desk. I still have to cut a few pieces & it will be ready to start assembling rows. This one is a little more complicated with bias cuts but I really want to get it going.

6. Morgan & I have counted and sorted her flannel quilt pieces and need to cut a few (30) more square sets and ALL of the batting squares.

Hopefully the pics I've added aren't in reverse order... But I'm sure it will be easy enough to figure out.

Oh! And I'm planning a give away for my birthday. My blogging birthday slipped away in the chaos of January but I'm prepared to make it up on February 27. Not sure what I'm going to come up with just yet, but I have a few things in mind. Look for my "Official Birthday Giveaway" post coming up this weekend.

Hope you are all staying warm & cozy!

Hugs!







1 comment:

  1. Then I am glad January is behind us. Here is to a cozy February.

    ReplyDelete