Thursday, May 14, 2015

Playing in the Dirt

The twins and I are desperately trying to plant and maintain a few garden plants. 

Our current gardening spot did not produce well last year and we are going to try to build it up and get it in better shape. 

So, here's what we've done:



We repurposed a Chic-fil-a nugget tray, filled it with a potting soil mix and planted some lettuces. 


We weeded and placed a stone border on the front corner of the porch. I relocated some of my lemon balm here and planted some beans (to vine up the porch rails) and I'll need to wait and see what else (if anything) grows because I don't remember what I planted. 


These are packing containers that my daughter brought home from work. Each container has six holes with five peas in each hole. They are tied to the old, ragged steps off the kitchen. (In the background is my homemade black composter that was given to us by my uncle.)

Where is the strangest place you've planted garden plants?

~kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment