Monday, April 27, 2015

Visiting Eleanor's

Last week, Susan and I made a quick trip to Reedsville, WV.  Susan had been wanting to take me to this great little quilt shop & I had been pretty busy so we kept putting it off.  She has now been told that she needs to be a little more insistent when she knows I am missing out on a great experience!

Eleanor's Quilt Shop is a sweet little shop with lots of goodies.  It is located near Arthurdale, which is affectionately known as "Eleanor's Little Village".  Arthurdale was the nation's first New Deal Homestead Community which was created to help alleviate some of the devastating economic effects of the Great Depression in North Central West Virginia.


Here's what you can expect to see at Eleanor's...
Lots and lots of fabric!

Aisles and aisles of fabric bolts
And they aren't short aisles!
Flannels
Homespun (My personal favorite)
All kinds of doo-dads!

There was tatting, needlepoint, paint by numbers...
And so many buttons
And some gorgeous quilts for sale...



A cozy place to sit
Hope you enjoyed visiting Eleanor's Quilt Shop!
I know I can't wait to get back again!



No comments:

Post a Comment