Wednesday, April 17, 2013

On Our Way to the Beach...

First of all, let me apologize to any of you that automatically get my newest blog posts.  I am going to be doing some experimentation over the next couple of days and you might be getting lots of updates.

I really want to get back into the habit of blogging & I am trying several new things both from my computer as well as from my phone.

These updates will include lots of photos, so stick around if you enjoy that, otherwise, you can just pass on by...I won't mind...I promise you.


Our first stop on our way to the Outer Banks was Berkeley Springs.  

This is a lovely area with some great historical connections.  Last year when we stopped, we learned that George Washington often frequented the hot springs of this little town.

I did manage to take a rather obscure picture of Berkeley Castle, but you will have better luck taking a peek at the photos from the Berkeley Castle Website.

Just across the street from the spas was a sweet little antique shop.  These are the only 2 photos that I took because "My Boys" decided to come looking for us.  And, I'm not really all that comfortable with my bulls...I mean boys... in a "china shop".

I do wish that I had taken a picture of the "mounted" critters that were available in one section.  They had bats, yes, the little fuzzy mice with wings, laid out on poster board and wrapped in Saran Wrap.  Really, they did.  And they were for sale.


Antique Shop at Berkeley Springs WV
My Youngest Daughter...apparently embarrassed by the "Hooter Hoister"
Hope you get lots done today.  I feel like I've made progress just by getting this post up. ; )

~Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment