First of all, I completed another 19 blocks for Baby Girl's quilt.
My constant fabric is an older piece that I absolutely love...it's "Barely There" by Jinny Byer (for RJR Fabrics).
I cut 20 2.5" strips. Yes. Twenty. That's twice as many as I needed.
I don't Math well.
I sorted through my 2" box and pulled my neutrals. Then I cut a single strip from the fat quarters I had. (I purchased 5 neutral FQs specifically for this project.)
After cutting all of those squares, I cleaned my machine. I'm using my Bernina Artista 200,
#57 foot (1/4" piecing),
Schmetz 90/14 quilting needle,
Aurifil 50/2 #2610 (a light blue/grey).
I also wound three bobbins to get me started.
Stitch length 2.5
Whew! Glad to get those boring details out of the way!
Today is another family dinner. I'm taking the neutral squares with me so that I can get them marked.
Here's my plan for the week:
Today: mark the diagonal
Sunday: stitch double lines
Monday: cut & press
Wednesday & Thursday: catch up
Friday: CLUE 2!